Kawhi Leonard out indefinitely to rehab quad injury

Just like they did at the start of training camp, the San Antonio Spurs announced Wednesday that they plan to keep All-Star forward Kawhi Leonard out indefinitely as he continues to recover from right quadriceps teninopathy. “Kawhi has made significant progress and continues to move forward in his rehabilitation,” Spurs general manager RC Buford said. “This is the best approach for the next steps in his return to play.” The Spurs initially announced during training camp that Leonard would miss the preseason due to the quadriceps issue, but the recovery process lingered into December, with coach Gregg Popovich admitting in November that the forward was “coming along more slowly” in rehabilitation than the way the club had hoped. Leonard missed San Antonio’s first 27 games this season because of the condition, which causes pain and weakness in the knee. The two-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year has appeared in just nine games this season as the Spurs…

Visit the Original Source

Read More

Steelers assistant Mike Munchak declines 2nd Cardinals interview

Pittsburgh Steelers offensive line coach Mike Munchak has turned down a second interview for the Arizona Cardinals’ head-coaching job, a source told ESPN’s Chris Mortensen. Munchak has been Pittsburgh’s offensive line coach since 2014 after a three-year stint as the Tennessee Titans’ head coach. He was one of several candidates who interviewed for the vacancy in Arizona, along with New England Patriots linebackers coach Brian Flores and Philadelphia Eagles quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo. Arizona is seeking a replacement for Bruce Arians, who retired earlier this month after five seasons with the Cardinals. Munchak, 57, went 22-26 as the Titans’ coach. He was a nine-time Pro Bowler during his 12-year Hall of Fame playing career, spent entirely with the Titans/Oilers franchise.

Visit the Original Source

Read More

Trevor Ariza focus of probe into Rockets-Clippers altercation

As the NBA gathers information for its investigation into the events surrounding the bombastic LA Clippers- Houston Rockets game on Monday night, forward Trevor Ariza has been further isolated as the person most responsible for the Rockets’ postgame charge into the Clippers’ locker room, league sources told ESPN. Rockets All-Stars Chris Paul and James Harden are increasingly described as working to slow down Ariza’s anger with the Clippers’ Austin Rivers and Blake Griffin, league sources said. Nevertheless, there are those on the Clippers’ side who still insist that Paul — in his return game after six turbulent seasons in Los Angeles — eagerly entered the home locker room through a backdoor entrance with Ariza, Harden and teammate Gerald Green. The NBA interviewed multiple executives, coaches, players and security personnel Tuesday and plan further conversations Wednesday, league…

Visit the Original Source

Read More