ABC News’ Rob Marciano takes you behind the driver’s seat of the greatest spectacle in racing.
Memorial Day is considered the unofficial start of summer, which means BBQs, picnics, cookouts, and generally spending lots of time outdoors enjoying gorgeous early summer weather! And if you’re in need of delicious summer cocktails to serve (or bring to) your Memorial Day get-together, we’ve got you covered! I’ve picked a few of my favorite recipes that would be wonderful Memorial Day cocktails, from watermelon smashes to frozen cocktails to a Tiki sangria!
From the top left:
1. I can’t think of anything that says “Summer” more than watermelon and basil. Put them together with some rum and simple syrup in this Watermelon-Basil Rum Smash and you’ve got the perfect drink for summer cookouts!
2. Forget everything you think you know about blended frozen cocktails from the grocery store. The Missionary’s Downfall is a blended frozen cocktail with mint, rum, and a bunch of other delicious ingredients. What could be better??
3. Everyone loves a mojito. Add a bit of basil for a Basil-Mint Mojito and they’ll love it even more!
4. This South Seas Sling is refreshing and tropical – and one of my all time favorite cocktail recipes. If you’re feeling extra fancy, add a pineapple stir stick or fresh flower garnish!
5. We’re big fans of all things Tiki here at Oh So Beautiful Paper. This Tiki Sangria is unlike anything your guests have ever tasted before – and it’s guaranteed to earn rave reviews!
6. Watermelon is basically a required ingredient for Memorial Day BBQs, right? We love this Frozen Salted Watermelon Margarita for a refreshing treat all summer long!
A little bonus recipe: Gin Rickeys are a classic summer cocktail, and you can try adding your favorite shrub to put your own spin on the classic Rickey! We used a watermelon mint shrub to make this Watermelon-Mint Gin Rickey!
If you’re still looking for the perfect cocktail recipe, you can browse our cocktail recipe archives here!
No refined sugar, low in fat and gluten free these peanut butter slices are the ideal, lighter dessert for the warm summer months!
See it HERE!
No Bake Peanut Butter Salted Caramel Slices (gluten free & no refined sugar) submitted by The Culinary Jumble
The post No Bake Peanut Butter Salted Caramel Slices (gluten free & no refined sugar) appeared first on i am baker.
If you’re always thinking of ways to up your productivity, you’ll want to rethink your most basic productivity hub – your desk – every once in a while. Your desk configuration may have worked but as time goes by, your requirements and style may change. And the desk that once serve you so well may need an upgrade.
I’ve worked with a single desk for the longest time but am now seriously considering an L shaped desk. Reason being, I’ve recently (I know, late to the party) discovered the joys of a second monitor. With a laptop and a monitor, my desk space is getting tight. The additional desk space will let me spread out all my notes and jottings and keep my main desk area solely for the machines. The goal: division of space for greater focus.
Fortunately, an L shaped desk isn’t hard to find or hack. Here are 6 ways to fit one into your home office space, whether big or small.
Get it straight, erm .. “L” from IKEA
#2 BESTÅ BURS
Hack a super long L shaped desk
#3 LINNMON desk hack
The LINNMON table tops are a good starting point when you want to piece together a long, sprawling desk. Join as many table tops together to get the formation you need. What’s neat is there isn’t an obtrusive leg at the right angle joint. Tutorial for the hack.
The glossy LINNMON tables are stunning, when paired with gold accents, as Leah of Go4ProPhotos proves in her home office makeover.
Add on additional storage
#4 KALLAX shelving unit
Here’s another take on the LINNMON desk. This is paired with the KALLAX instead to create extra storage space on the short side of the desk. If you have lots of stuff, this will work beautifully.
Use kitchen countertops to do the work
#5 HAMMARP countertop
Butcher blocks are perfect as desk tops. They are solid, durable and look fantastic. Cut them to the fit length and assemble. Best thing? Waterfall joints.
#6 ALEX units
Kitchen countertops can be combined with IKEA drawer units like the HELMER or ALEX as desk legs with storage.
Feel inspired to makeover your home office or attempt an IKEA desk hack? Tell us all about it.